There are many ways an employee can get fired from the job.
Incompetence at work and inability to perform daily duties due to lack of knowledge, skills or experience; getting the job offer based on misrepresentation or providing wrong information are among the reasons companies terminate employment of workers.
In the United Arab Emirates there are 10 specific grounds for employee termination without prior notice:
- If the employee adopts a false identity or nationality or if he submits forged documents or certificates.
- If the employee is appointed under a probationary period and dismissal occurred during or at the end of said period.
- If he commits an error causing substantial material loss to the employer provided that the latter advises the labour department of the incident within 48 hours from having knowledge of the same.
- If the employee violates instructions concerning safety of the place of business provided that such instructions are displayed in writing at conspicuous places and in case of an illiterate employee the latter be informed verbally of the same.
- If he fails to perform his basic duties under the contract of employment and persists in violating them despite formal investigation with him in this respect and warning him of dismissal if the same is repeated.
- If he divulges any secrets of the establishment where he is employed.
- If he is awarded final judgement by the competent court in respect of an offence prejudicing honour, honesty or public morals.
- If during working hours he is found drunk or under the influence of drug.
- If in the course of his work he commits an assault on the employer, the manager or any of his colleagues.
- If he absents himself without lawful excuse for more that twenty intermittent days or for more than seven successive day during one year.